What is Chiropractic?
Founded in 1895 Chiropractic is the 3rd largest Healthcare profession in the western world after General Medicine and Dentistry. Learn more »
Who & What we Treat
We treat People from their first to their last breath. For a full breakdown of services please click here »
What can you expect when you first come to see us?
When you first come to see us the initial consultation will take up to an hour. We will carry out a postural, neurological, orthopaedic and physical examination. There are also specialised Chiropractic tests all of which will assess the biomechanics of the body. Learn More
I am nervous about my first treatment, can I bring a friend?
Absolutely, if it will help you feel more relaxed then we'd be delighted to welcome a friend or family member in the room with you.
How Many Treatments Will I Require?
This will depend on:
- Your condition
- The severity
- How long you have had the condition
- How you respond to treatment
- How much of your chiropractor’s advice you follow
We will continually discuss your treatment programme with you, making sure that we consider all options to help you return to optimal health.
Will it hurt?
Chiropractic treatment is usually painless unless an area is inflamed (swollen). Rarely, some patients have mild temporary reactions which settle within 24hrs.
What training does a Chiropractor undertake?
At Orchard, all our chiropractors are graduates of the AECC in Bournemouth. which covers core subjects such as anatomy, neurology, physiology, pharmacology, diagnosis, radiography and adjustive skills. The course is a 5 year Masters Degree in Chiropractic (link to AECC website) concentrating on a wide range of medical subjects (including Anatomy, Biochemistry, Radiology, Biochemistry, Pathology, Physiology and Neurology), and specialises in the biomechanics of the human body, including its relationship to the nervous system.
All our Chiropractors are members of the British Chriopractic Association. The BCA along with associated organisations, set the standards of Education, Codes of Practice and continued professional development. Your Chiropractor is a professional that is qualified to fully assess your condition, make a diagnosis and then plan a course of treatment or refer as required.
For more information please click on this link
Am I covered by my health insurance?
Most private health insurance companies provide cover for chiropractic treatment. Please do check, prior to your first visit, that your policy covers Chiropractic, the extent of your cover and if you require a G.P. referral.
Why Orchard Chiropractic Centre?
- We thrive, and continue to strive to be the best as a direct result of the relationships we have with our patients
- We are a multi-discipline chiropractic and health centre with a relentless focus on superb patient care.
- We believe that a full 30min Chiropractic treatment makes a huge difference to the speed of recovery of our patients, and gives you better value for money
- We focus on helping you help yourself so that you can get better quickly
- We recognise that your time is precious, and that the provision of free on-site parking makes a difference
At Orchard our Chiropractic treatments take a full 30mins, and our fees are as follows
New Patients have a full 1 hour consultation for the first visit only. Fees are as follows
- Adult new patient: £79
- Child/student new patient: £69
- Baby new patient: £59