- Contains 2'-fucosyllactose (2'-FL)
- 2'-FL is the most common oligosaccharide found in human milk
- MetaFucose contains a biologically identical version produced by fermentation
- 2'-FL is non-digestible and arrives in the colon intact, where it functions as a prebiotic
- It may support a healthy level of bifidobacteria
- It may help to increase SCFA (short chain fatty acid) levels within the colon
- MetaFucose also contains the essential amino acid l-threonine
- Supports a healthy gut barrier
What does 2'-FL do in the body?
2'-FL is non-digestible and arrives in the colon intact, where it has been clinically shown in both adults and infants to selectively improve the microbiota. 2’-FL encourages the growth of Bifidobacteria and may help to increase the level of SCFA (short chain fatty acids).
Studies suggest that 2'-FL may have a wide range of benefits including support for the immune system and maintenance of the gut barrier.
Why is l-threonine included?
- L-threonine is an essential amino acid.
- It is an essential building block for the production of mucus, part of the body's defence system in the gut.
- It is an important glycosylation site.
Why choose MetaFucose?
The 2'-FL in MetaFucose is a unique and new to the market supplement, and offers great potential to support a healthy microbiome. Easy dosing at 1-2 capsules a day.
To download the information sheet click here: MetaFucose_Prebiotic.pdf